Today I had one of the most productive days I’ve had in my classroom all year! I thought it would be just all too easy to straighten up. So, I decided to tear a bunch of stuff apart and put it back together in a way that would be a)neater and b)work better for how I use my classroom. These are pictures of how it looked when I was in the middle of tearing things apart.
So after working for a few hours, taking a two hour lunch at a coworker’s house, and getting back to work for a few more hours, I can proudly say it looks like this now. I would not be totally honest if I didn’t add that I still need to clean the inside of my desk drawers as well as have two stacks of literature circle stuff to go through on that ugly green shelf, which I will probably do one day next week. One of my top priorities before next school year begins will be to paint that shelf, and maybe the desk, too! Yes, I’m already making my to-do list for August!